- Vermont Enacts The Nations First Anti-Patent Trolling Law http://ow.ly/lm8SB
- The Legal Connection Newsletter (2009-2013): http://ow.ly/lcl0T
- Reading: The Risky Game of Needing a Client @LeeRosen http://ow.ly/l0FFO
- Heard at my meet up that these 2 were the best #Lexthink @Mark_Britton http://ow.ly/klB3l & @jayshep http://ow.ly/klBnT
- Any.DO is a great to-do app. Here are some of its best features you may not be using @lifehacker http://ow.ly/ljHsB
- Reading: Cloud-service contracts and data protection: Unintended consequences @TechRepublic ow.ly/l7VPw
- 9+ years of Law Practice Today magazine – all in one spot: ow.ly/kbnIt
- 296 Lawyers and Legal Professionals To Follow On Twitter: http://ow.ly/lhgzU
- The Art, Science & Ethics of the 21st Century Retainer Agreement @carolynelefant ow.ly/jDBOx
- Friday Funny: Got Instagram http://ow.ly/lmjKl
In September of 2008, Adrian Lurssen, Co-Founder of JDSupra published: “145 Lawyers (and Legal Professionals) To Follow On Twitter” a list which very soon thereafter blossomed to over 750 accounts for people to check out.
While that was a great resource at the time, more recently I noted that 100′s of the accounts on it were no longer active – making the list more of a time suck than resource for those looking for people to follow on twitter.
So I asked my assistant, Delilah, to cull through Adrian’s list and provide me with a list of only those accounts that are still active. Here is what she compiled, along with a few of my own peeps:
- @AdrianLurssen – A fan of absurdity – and good content on all subjects. Co founder @JDSupra
- @taxgirl – mom, writer, tax lawyer, coffee drinker, baker (and thus, by necessity a runner) – not a sleeper.
- @carolynelefant – 21st Century energy lawyer, author and blogger
- @jeffrey_taylor – attorney who helps injury victims & consumers. I blog about Android OS for lawyers
- @david_bilinsky providing thoughtful legal management at thoughtfullaw.com
- @PamelaParalegal A left-handed/redheaded stepchild, born on Friday the 13th who has been a paralegal all her adult life.
- Donna_Payne CEO @PayneGroup awesome software company. Mother of twins. Author of 12 books.
- @stevematthews – Founder of Stem Legal
- @dougcornelius – Chief Compliance Officer for a real estate private equity company, trying to stay in touch and up to date with the world.
- @ErikMazzone – Law practice management adviser, coffee geek, Yankee fan, beagle wrangler
- @JayFleischman – I’m a lawyer who helps people with bill problems. Recent SoCal transplant from NYC.
- @BrettTrout – Patent Lawyer, Author of Cyber Law, Internet Law Nerdherder.
- @nickholmes – Legal information in the digital age. And other random stuff.
- @DavidLat – Legal blog impresario: founder of Above the Law & Underneath Their Robes. Writer. Editor. Public speaker. Lawyer.
- @jmckeever – Mom, Lawyer, Charlottesville City School Board Member, living the dream.
- @tbeckett – Attorney, etc. “At the intersection of business and creativity.”
- @LindsayGriffiths – Marketer & Events Planner Extraordinaire for International Lawyers.
- @ElizabethPW – Lawyer at EPW Small Business Law PC. Mom. Writer. Explorer.
- @SoloPracticeU - Solo Practice University® is the #1 web-based educational and professional networking community for solo lawyers and law students.
- @dhowell – lawyer; mom; infovagabond.
- @heldincontempt – Lawyer, Pharma Compliance Director, Mom, Pop Culture Junkie.
- @RobRutkowski – Credit union lawyer, speaker and geek who likes art.
- @erwiest – Attorney and ADR provider for business disputes; getting ADR training as parent of twins (+1 more).
- @christinemartin – More than a lawyer. Digital intelligence enthusiast. Storm chaser
- @aflusche – I fight traffic tickets.
- @LeeRosen – Divorce lawyer and aspiring digital nomad.
- @collinudell – Appellate attorney focusing on United States Supreme Court litigation and on complex or novel issues arising in other federal appeals.
- @ernieattorney – New Orleans lawyer embracing disruptive change and all forms of inevitability.
- @TomLamb – An attorney representing patients who had serious side effects and the family of those who died from adverse drug reactions.
- @gbeck – Lawyer specializing in Supreme Court and appellate litigation; free speech and lawyer advertising; IP; consumers’ and workers’ rights; and federal jurisdiction.
- @BobKraft – Dallas Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, Elder Law, Medicaid Planning & Veterans Benefits attorney. Blogs at PISSD.com and KraftElderLaw.com.
- @CarlStarrett – I am a husband, father and bankruptcy attorney in Southern California who loves Disneyland and Star Trek.
- @denniskennedy – Dennis Kennedy: Technology lawyer, legal technologist, author, speaker, blogger.
- @gfiremark – Entertainment Lawyer, podcaster, audio geek, father & husband.
- @AL_DUIattorney – Attorney who specializes in DUI defense work in Alabama.
- @jeffbob – Law firm marketer, Web and Interactive Director
- @kevinokeefe – CEO of LexBlog ~ Sharing Info to Empower Lawyers Worldwide to Network Through the Internet. Dad and Lawyer.
- @davidr – Geek Lawyer/Lawyer Geek. On tour with Bruce Springsteen every chance I get.
- @Dealfatigue – Entertainment lawyer navigating the landscape of the entertainment business and deal making culture.
- @mwcrosson – Attorney (family law, bankruptcy, small business) – assisting clients in the greater Sacramento area.
- @Finsrud – Attorney, technophile, runner, and father to 5 girls.
- @lindsaylavine – Freelance writer, lawyer, humorist and full-time news junkie.
- @mkarol – Father, Lawyer, Geek.
- @internetcases – Senior Counsel @infolawgroup. Appreciator of the clever and absurd.
- @erichapp – partner, Kean Miller; co-founder, Quality Conversation Simulations; general counsel, LISTA; Louisiana coastal restoration advocate.
- @ncarroll – Word-of-mouth marketing professional. President and co-founder of Claris Law.
- @startuplawyer – I code in Word.
- @Lowrance – All IRS and tax problems. Former Chief Counsel tax and trial attorney. Also, divorce, child custody, domestic violence, GAL adults & children.
- @halosecretarial – I’m a fabulous virtual legal assistant and paralegal, a mom blogger, mom of 3 boys and a wife (these are not listed in order of importance!!)
- @Nechlaw – Immigration lawyer, law professor, Houston FANATIC!
- @Glennia – Mom, lawyer, liberal, traveler, coffee achiever. Original brand badassador. MOMocrats Co-Founder & family travel blogger. On Twitter before you were born.
- @adamdlin – Associate lawyer
- @lougovskaia – Lawyer, business owner, first-generation immigrant living the American Dream.
- @ipsociety – IP/Patent Attorney, Founder of the IP Society, Open Water Swimmer and Amateur Linguist.
- @Riskin – Devoted husband and father to Daniel. Matthew & Raquel (Lawyer/Consultant), Founder, Edge International.
- @jrgonzalez – Immigration & real estate development attorney, political junkie, new blogger.
- @buffalopundit – Husband, father, lawyer, blogger, traveler.
- @cyberlaw – Lawyer, blogger, and father of 3 boys. Husband to 1. Trademarks (US and international), copyright and Internet law is my thing.
- @StephKimbro – Author of Virtual Law Practice. Attorney at Burton Law. Improving the Delivery of Legal Services with Technology.
- @aznor99 – Born, living, will die. Counting down the days to retirement – over 15,000 left. Hurray!
- @kaplanmyrth – Internet policy advisor. Background in tech law & an interest in how collaborative and social technologies are reshaping the world.
- @AustinAttorney – Accident lawyer
- @Brian Cuban – Lawyer,Writer-annoying TV big mouth.Mavs, Pittsburgh,Penn State sports.
- @robertamsterdam – International lawyer at Amsterdam & Partners LLP.
- @traverselegal – Enrico Schaefer & Firm. Internet Law Attorneys: Internet Law, Trademark, Copyright, Online Defamation, Cybersquatting, Complex Litigation.
- @annibbler – Lawyer, Podcaster, Blogger, and full-time MBA student at UCLA Anderson School of Management.
- @lawmrs – Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorney, Knitter, Frequent Wearer of Flip-Flops, Blogger, and Lover of British Murder Mysteries.
- @paul177 – Attorney
- @eclewis – Denver business attorney. Info on legal and technology issues in CO.
- @StephenVerbit – Business Litigation Attorney.
- @inhouserants – Frustrated in-house lawyer.
- @bobcoffield – Health care, technology and business lawyer chirping from wild and wonderful West Virginia.
- @craigniedenthal – I am a trial attorney focusing on products liability cases.
- @lauraleesparks – Legal Marketing Maven For Estate & Elder Law Attorneys, Done For You Expert, Speaker, Trainer.
- @SDWatch – Writer, blogger, father, son, husband, Buddhist, recovering lawyer, South Dakotan, Civil Air Patrol member, US Coast Guard Auxiliarist.
- @bentleytolk – Utah and national ERISA litigation and employment litigation defense lawyer/attorney; I also explore legal marketing through social media & new media.
- @PaulBKennedy – Houston DWI Attorney Paul B. Kennedy. Husband, father, youth soccer coach, home-brewer.
- @JeremyKissel – Attorney interested in digital media, telecommunications, cloud computing, and emerging technologies.
- @nipper – U.S. Patent / Trademark Attorney, tech blogger, dad, husband, g33k, purveyor of odd humor.
- @rube1947 – bankruptcy and commercial finance attorney
- @legalmaven – DC based lawyer with a particular interest in small business and entertainment law. Opinionated HBCU grad, writer, speaker, and knowledge seeker.
- @eschaeff – Writer, lawyer, and blogger.
- @douglassorocco – Displaced yankee in Oklahoma City – IP Attorney by day, crusading do-gooder by night.
- @matt_buchanan – Attorney
- @NSKinsella – Libertarian writer and patent attorney.
- @RushNigut – Iowa business lawyer providing info on business and franchising issues. In addition to law practice.
- @KMHobbie – litigation knowledge management attorney, husband and Dad, violinist and violist; also manage blog.
- @jriversmn – Law firm CI professional and information resources director interested in emerging technologies and music.
- @christensenlaw – Service with Integrity and Compassion When You’ve Been Injured.
- @DougBernstien – VC lawyer. Mets fan.
- @Darrin_Mish – Ax Attorney, SEO Expert, Public Speaker, Trainer, Author, Entrepreneur, Infusionsoft User, Husband, Father.
- @AlliGerkman – Communications director and lawyer interested in legal system, legal education, professional development, civics education, elections, and oxford commas.
- @almostaghost – INFP MusicGeek lawyer Obama NTL: tweets music law copyrights tmarks politics.
- @jessicafoley – Criminal Defense Attorney, wife to Adam, dog mama to Molly, waiting for ski and snowboard season to start.
- @Raymond42c – Bankruptcy/Personal Injury Attorney, Geek, Gamer, Political, soon to be dad.
- @Marelisa – Writer, entrepreneur, dream-weaver, alchemist, and dragon-slayer. Creator of Daring to Live Fully. Sometimes lawyer–Georgetown Law School.
- @OroroDC – Independent, political junkie, mommy.
- @SteveWorrell – Marietta & Atlanta GA Family Law & Family Estate Planning Lawyer.
- @Anthonyzaller – Employment law attorney and entrepreneur – Los Angeles, CA.
- @PattiSpencer – Attorney focusing on trusts, estates and fiduciary litigation.
- @fsulawyer – Husband, father, lawyer, and all around mensch.
- @DavidCanton – Business lawyer and trade-mark agent with a practice focusing on technology issues and technology companies.
- @JerseyTodd – Lawyer Extraordinaire, World’s Strongest Man.
- @HumanRacehorses – Employment lawyer; Android user; oboist; amateur astronomer, weather junkie, single malt scotch lover, who’ll retire in 20 years when kids are out of school.
- @SandySlaga – MAHvelous mom, wife and lawyer in northern Illinois.
- dancanon – Jack of all trades; master of all.
- @craiglaw – Lawyer – business litigation, love sports. Kids grown and life is good.
- @jefhenninger – New Jersey Attorney focusing on White Collar Crime, Small Business Litigation, Divorce and Identity Theft
- @charlesthomas – Criminal and BitTorrent defense lawyer. INFP. Going through some changes. Rule 62 in effect.
- @BobbiSue – In house counsel , runner, part foodie, lover of all hollywood gossip…All opinions/tweets are solely my own.
- @EHSchierman – US Patent and Trademark Attorney, licensed in Idaho & Utah; Tech and Arts Enthusiast.
- @marissabracke – Perpetually curious, easily fascinated, often delighted. Analytical but creative. Drinks tea. Likes gnomes, eclectic music & making up words. Apt to frolic.
- @petesummerill – MacLitigator, Trial Attorney, Whiner… That is right, a renaissance man.
- @WilliamWilson – Indiana civil attorney, fascinated by tech in the law practice, Apple fan, father, husband, wine enthusiast. Audi fanatic.
- @jeffalford – Lawyer, geek, modern day Renaissance Man.
- @donna_seale – Human Rights lawyer, educator & workplace investigator, mom to twin girls, healthy living advocate, closet accordionist, soccer coach, MMA fanatic.
- @advocatesstudio – Attorney Writing On Law, Technology and the Developing Web.
- @lindsycd – Res ipsa loquitur – lawyer, wife, mom, feminist, realist, idealist.
- @NathanielP – New Mexico legal aid lawyer, slow cyclist, country singer.
- @chucknewton – Husband, father, lawyer, Third Waver, carpet commuter, spare room tycoon that likes crooners.
- @ElenaFranz – Real estate attorney, mom, retired fire dancer, outdoor enthusiast.
- @AlastairC – Husband; Dad; Legal Aid Clinic Lawyer: focus on Immigration & Refugee Law and Tenant Rights; Cyclist Commuter; Japanophile; Explorer; MacHead; Political Junkie.
- @ThomasJLamb – A plaintiffs lawyer in North Carolina handling asbestos-mesothelioma lawsuits and prescription drug injury cases.
- @Charkoudian – Tech licensing lawyer. Interested in legal issues in cutting edge tech and online, social and mobile games.
- @edgarsnder – Official Twitter feed of Edgar Snyder & Associates. Pennsylvania law firm helping people injured in accidents, hurt on the job, and denied disability benefits.
- @gdeloss – Health lawyer.
- @GinaRubel – Author, Marketing Strategist, Legal Marketer, Agency CEO, Media Source, Social Media, Speaker, Blogger, Attorney & Mom.
- @erikmagraken – Caution – I tweet about BC Injury Law. It may bore you. That is all.
- @SeattleTMLawyer – Trademark attorney / lawyer / law blogger – Atkins Intellectual Property, PLLC.
- @CraigBachman – Trial lawyer, Counsel, Writer, Farmer. Focus in competition matters & intellectual property (trademark, copyright, patent, moral rights & trade secrets).
- @randallmoeller – IP lawyer (patents, trademarks, & Internet law). Music lover. Camper. Runner. Homeschooling dad.
- @waltmire - A patent, trademark, and intellectual property lawyer focusing on software and electronic arts.
- @ThatLawyerDude - I help people put their lives back together after everyone else abandons them. I am a Crisis Trial Lawyer and I am there for you 24/7/365.
- @chrischeatham – ClaimKit CEO, rabid Jayhawk fan, bad golfer, reader of books.
- @Adrianos – California defamation Lawyer/blogger/mnemonist.
- @kmarvel – child support enforcement lawyer; wife & mom to 3 great kids; working to defeat autism.
- @johnharding – Divorce Lawyer. Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- @VBalasubramani - Internet-tech lawyer in Seattle.
- @jasoncbrown – Husband, father, publisher, aspiring Cat. 6 cyclist, duffer, and mite hockey coach.
- @rdd - Father, husband, IP fixer, patent litigator, Ironman & distance runner.
- @jeffrey_brandt – Husband, father of 5, home schooler, pinewood derby enthusiast, modern day digital alchemist working w/lawyers, struggling to turn data & info into knowledge.
- @keavneylaw – EMS Law and Compliance Consultant.
- @JonPGroth – Wisconsin Personal Injury and Commercial Litigation Attorney. I’m a lawyer that helps people. Is that a short enough bio?
- @BeautyMarks – Having it all as a trademark lawyer, wife, mother, toy poodle mommy and blogger.
- @scottwolfejr – Mechanic Lien and Notice Guru.
- @erik_laursen – Attorney, writer, Dad, wonderfully lucky husband, producer of fun stuff.
- @bobambrogi – Lawyer, writer, consultant.
- @PrometheusAdvoc – Lawyer, news junkie, futurist.
- @ipadrblog – attorney mediator-arbitrator of IP and complex commercial disputes.
- @moddivorce – Cali Divorce Attorney, Legal Strategist, Advisor, Founder of Soul Center Marin & The Modern Woman’s Divorce Guide.
- @justpeace – musician, mother, legal aid lawyer, geek, indie spirit, planet citizen.
- @Hank Edson – Mediator-Attorney, Author, Activist.
- @howlingpoint – Geek, swimmer, beach lover, Party B and attorney. This is where I play, not work.
- @johnbolch - Blogger and former family lawyer. Other interests include astronomy and the pursuit of reason (not that there’s a lot of it about).
- @erikJHeels – Trademark and patent lawyer, Boston Red Sox fan, Maine Law Adjunct Professor, MIT 88. Flew in AF (hot), cofounded MCatsBand (cool), swam in Arctic Ocean (cold).
- @miamicrimlaw – Miami criminal defense firm with over 30 years of experience in state and federal criminal defense.
- @mattsaunders – Trademark and copyright attorney.
- @nancykpsy – maritime lawyer.
- @timothyevans – lawyer, Apple geek, father, husband, diabetic.
- @TarHeelAttorney - Attorney, College Basketball fan (UNC), Sci-Fi books, TV and movie fan, married with 2 kids.
- @jenniferweil – Lawyer in Hoboken, NJ helping people with their debt, including helping people file for bankruptcy.
- @RickHorowitz – Criminal defense attorney, blogger, writer and sometimes nice guy.
- @ronfriesen – educator, lawyer, techie.
- @DaveKight – Attorney practicing labor, employment and litigation. Licensed in Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas..
- @BargerWolen - Legal counsel to the insurance industry. Insurance regulatory and litigation. Corporate and Transactional. Reinsurance.
- @surrogacylawyer – Surrogacy and Egg Donation Attorney.
- @bren924 – IT Director for a small Boston law firm. 2013 ILTA Conference Committee Volunteer. Red Sox Fan. Parrothead.
- @KarynOsinowo – Attorney | Francophile | Social Change Strategist.
- @hisgrace – Lawyer, Pastor, Entrepreneur! Committed to country living & dogs & horses.
- @VMaryAbraham – Blogger, Knowledge Management Consultant, Corporate Lawyer, Workshop/Meeting Facilitator, Strategic Conversations Coach, Social Media Enthusiast.
- @dannybronski – Seattle intellectual property lawyer, entrepreneur, and contrarian.
- @sarahjessicaESQ – Post-Conviction Criminal Litigation.
- @bschuelke – Husband. Dad. Volunteer. Attorney representing individuals and businesses injured by others.
- @RuiAmores – Attorney.
- @Scott Greenfield – Criminal defense lawyer and blawger at Simple Justice.
- @chrisfrankfas – Homebrewer, attorney, runner. Not sure which one I like most.
- @Bill_Romanos - Science, technology, space, intelligence, philosophy, writing, books, reading, etc. Attorney. Regulator.
- @lennyesq - Mac fan, wEbrief editor, blawger, BC Alum, UU, solo lawyer
- @spideb – Legal journalist/lawyer.
- @RossMark - Brit, Lawyer, Blogger, LPO, Indiaphile, Ethics, Death of Hourly rate, Public Speaker, Writer.
- @snitty – Lawyer, improviser, amateur chef, podcaster, blogger, and more.
- @aghannoum - Attorney.
- @annepmitchell - CEO, ISIPP Suretymail; Fathers’ Rights Attorney.
- @gregorybell – Recovering lawyer & legal editor for Thomson Reuters Westlaw. Jazz blogger and new media explorer.
- @fsethd – Attorney
- @sethwil - Litigation Attorney and legal technology advocate.
- @JW_Law - Jackson Walker L.L.P. has over 100 years of experience in providing legal counsel to clients throughout Texas, the United States, and internationally.
- @jeffroy - Massachusetts State Representative and Trial lawyer in Boston specializing in the representation of injured persons.
- @constructionlaw - Virginia construction lawyer, LEED AP, author of Construction Law Musings, construction mediator, multiple nominee to Virginia Legal Elite in Construction Law.
- @Baelen - Padawan Lawyer, Budding Podcaster, New Media Junkie and expatriated Pennsylvania Yankee.
- @happyattorney – Attorney. Jones Waldo. Comm’l real estate, transactional. Problem preventer.
- @brucecarton - Editor of Securities Docket; Compliance Week columnist; Lawyer; Husband and father of 4 boys.
- @DebraTuomey - Attorney in Spring Hill, Florida seeking legal networks.
- @invcondemnation - land use and appellate lawyer, law blogger.
- @Rstubenrauch – Attorney, avid cyclist, occasional politico and avid sports fan.
- @David_Tournier – Corporate finance lawyer, family guy, delighted to live the age of the Internet giving freedom back to us citizen-sheeps.
- @JohnathanFrieden – Commercial litigator and counsel to online businesses.
- @IPLAW101 – I am an intellectual property law attorney focusing on trademark, new media, and licensing issues.
- @McDermottLaw - A leading international law firm focused on legal and business trends, the impact of changes in law and other topics of interest affecting a range of businesses.
- @scottharders - intellectual property attorney and business advisor.
- @SacTownLawyer - Small Town Lawyer in a Big City.
- @bcjb – IP lawyer; MIT Media Lab alum; speaker, author, entrepreneur; founder of dealerwizard, gazelle lab, verifip.
- @astarita – Securities Lawyer helping financial pros/firms nationwide navigate the regulatory maze, prosper, and defend themselves, with a dash of investor representation.
- @gregoryluce – Attorney, sleep-deprived dad and law technology junkie.
- @DenisePolivy – Banjo-playing Jewish libertarian attorney and geek representing financial institutions and other creditors in bankruptcy cases and related litigation.
- @Eric_B_Meyer – Workplace lawyer, EEOC mediator, and hater of social-media ninjas.
- @patwrite – Patent Attorney.
- @kevinhouchin – Account Exec-National Programs at ACT. Author, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Speaker, Coach, Mediator, Fine Artist, Mason, Druid, Lawyer, Husband, Father, Friend.
- @dmilligan – Husband, father, patent attorney, seed capitalist and technology fanatic.
- @ClaxtonLegal – Radio host & lawyer handling criminal defense cases.
- @manatt – Law firm.
- @Fulbright – The International Law Firm of Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
- @BeemPatentLaw – Chicago patent attorney, Iowa State, U. Houston, Federal Circuit clerk, engineer, wrestler, dancer, mentor, friend.
- @GTak - Attorney for nonprofits – NEO Law Group | Nonprofit Law Blog.
- @YoungAssociate – Young Associate at a large national law firm.
- @wmf68 - Experienced real estate and land use attorney.
- @steigerlaw – Personal Injury Lawyer passionately representing my clients. Treating you with the respect that you deserve. Beagle lover. Coffee lover. Lover of the law.
- @OttawaLawyers - Injury lawyer with criminal defence lawyer.
- @hankheyming – Thoughts on venture capital, technology and start-ups from a lawyer/entrepreneur. Very interested in digital media and e-commerce.
- @douglasgriess - Business lawyer/attorney/counsel.
- @loriIwan - Retired attorney.
- @DanielPerry - Identity Lawyer; General Counsel to Identity Commons, Inc.
- @SarahGold - Owner of Gold Law Firm – working with small businesses and consumer law issues.
- @DavidWms - father, lawyer, business litigator, food guy.
- @jasonmolder - Florida attorney practicing in the areas of e-discovery, construction litigation, condominium & community association law, and information technology law.
- @LenCarson – Bankruptcy attorney, marathoner, and defender of liberty, on my quest for perfect wellness.
- @davidleibowitz – Highly regarded Illinois and Wisconsin Consumer and Business Bankruptcy and Mortgage Foreclosure Attorney.
- @ScottGodes – Insurance recovery attorney (opinions are mine only, not legal advice). Music lover. Car nut. Technology addict. Occasional mountain biker. Former gymnast.
- @tysonsnow – Tech dork and an IP & Employment attorney.
- @MACrimeLawyer – Massachusetts Criminal Lawyer, father, husband.
- @stevemeltzer – Husband, Father, Business, Real Estate & Non-profit Lawyer, Conservationist, Soccer Coach, Volunteer.
- @DevenKane – Chicagoland based corporate transactional attorney practicing in a business law firm.
- @gpierson – Copyright, trademark, entertainment & advertising atty. Helping marketers, artists, brand owners and other creative people.
- @DrOrlyTaitzEsq – To defend the rights and freedoms that exist for all citizens in the United States.
- @kranenburg – Attorney & Counselor-at-Law. FINRA Advocate & Arbitrator.
- @TradeSecretLaw – Business Lawyer, Counselor & Advisor.
- @MarshallRIsaacs – Tenacious, Unrepentant Litigator, Negotiator & Draftsman.
- @MiglioreLaw – High-Quality Personal Injury and Asbestos Legal Representation.
- @jerryerickson – Managing Partner and Senior Business Immigration Attorney using Twitter to provide timely legal updates that impact our friends, clients and partners.
- @attybegemann – Connecticut real estate and business attorney helping people with their legal issues in a friendly, professional and cost-effective manner.
- @rclaessen – Patent attorney in Cologne, Germany, prosecution and litigation of patents and trademarks.
- @dja2law – Lawyer who provides Out-House general counsel services to businesses, while replicating the methods, approach, and style of an in-house law department.
- @Patent_Israel – Heading an Israeli Patent Attorneys Firm.
- @kgarrahan – Attorney practicing in commercial and non-profit real estate, land use, permitting, conveyancing, leasing, health, and environmental matters – artsy avocations.
- @ShyAlter – CEO of ii3, a trusted consultancy to law firms. Consumes art, politics, and original thinking. Cooks, photographs and writes.
- @ryangoldvine - In-house Counsel with CUPE in Toronto, Ontario.
- @BoricuaLaw - Attorney in Puerto Rico who handles Family and Estates cases for non-resident clients in Puerto Rico.
- @JMTLaw – Lawyer, diver, greyhound mom.
- @stephenbarnesjr – Business Lawyer, Counselor at Law, Focus on affluent family, business, and legacy planning and asset protection.
- @anthonyjucha – Lawyer (commercial, in house, freelance, locum & street). Gonzo Journalist. Satirist.
- @BrianNFletcher – Patent/IP attorney @ Fletcher Law Firm; write/prosecute US & foreign patent apps; trademarks; IP strategy.
- @TheProbateNet – Practice limited to contested probate matters.
- @adriandayton – Father, husband, lawyer, speaker, author of LinkedIn & Blogs for Lawyers & Social Media for Lawyers. NLJ columnist. Just climbed Kilimanjaro, Marathoner, BYU fan.
- @randyrandy – Attorney, business consultant, cross-cultural explorer, wanna-be entrepreneur. Looking for next big thing. Have passport. Will travel.
- @AttyImmigration - Immigration lawyer based in Boston, Massachusetts. Caseload includes deportation defense in Immigration Court, I-601 waivers, green cards, citizenship, etc.
- @MdConstrLawyer – I practice construction real estate and land use law in MD and D.C. I handle litigation, write and review contracts and help clients in being more successful.
- @Mzicherman – Commercial litigator and construction lawyer. Husband and father of 3 boys. Is there time for anything else?
- @WilliamsKastner – With more than 90 attorneys in three offices, Williams Kastner has been serving clients in the Pacific Northwest since 1929.
- @kevinforrester – Real estate, resolution and trust law.
- @AlanNye – Lawyer, Writer, Blogger, Comedian, Mainer.
- @SABankruptcy – I represent consumers and small businesses in bankruptcy.
- @AttyChristine – Saving the American Dream, One home at a time. I stop foreclosures and litigate to get you a better mortgage through Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- @DandridgeLaw - Virtual Law Firm Attorney practicing Nonprofit, Business, Trademark and Copyright Law.
- @fredabramson – NY Business Law Attorney, Drafts Legal Documents, Litigator, Foodie, Voracious Reader, Husband, Dad, Music, Art, Sports, Culture.
- @SandraSingerEsq – Attorney.
- @CynthiaRRowland – Fairly uppity business and tax lawyer with focus on nonprofit and charity law. I also like to write and ride.
- @pwoldow – Master Coach, Attorney, Advisor to General Counsel & ABA Legal Rebel.
- @dougmandell – General counsel to start-ups; Personal GC to founders, entrepreneurs and CEOs.
- @bowtielaw - California Attorney, iPad App Developer, e-Discovery blogger, High School Mock Trial Coach.
- @guntrustlawyer – Florida Estate Planning, Asset protection, Guardianship, Probate and Gun Trust Lawyer, Macs, blogger, iPhone.
- @davidwbarrett - Corporate transactional attorney at Faegre Baker Daniels in Indianapolis. Huge Steelers and Indiana Univ. basketball fan.
- @EvansIPLaw – Intellectual Property Attorney – Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law.
- @London_Law_Firm – Chris Sherliker is a founding partner of Silverman Sherliker LLP, a full-service London law firm and one of the very first UK solicitors on Twitter.
- @CowgirlLawyer – Public defender in rural Illinois.
- @richardsusskind – President, Society for Computers and Law; IT Adviser to Lord Chief Justice; speaker; professor; etc.
- @johnsamwilson – Husband to an amazing woman, dad to two great kids, lawyer, soccer fan and erstwhile player, Northwest born and bred.
- @indyattorney – Business attorney, start-up enthusiast, father of 2, love all things cuse and indy.
- @kerlaw – Divorce, education, real estate & special needs attorney with 25+ years of experience; foodie and art fanatic; hobbies include knitting, travel, crafts & music.
- @Ipesq – Happy Law, patent attorney, cigar lover.
- @Jon_Lewis - Father of Three, Attorney, Enjoy helping people, jogging, golf, tennis, food, and football. Urban Attorney. Tweet me for a compassionate ear.
- @JaredBeck – Beck & Lee co-founder/Miami-based trial lawyer/I love representing the underdog in court and winning.
- @BBlaw – I strive to find justice for all of my clients in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- @CraigBachman – Trial lawyer, Counsel, Writer, Farmer. Focus in competition matters & intellectual property (trademark, copyright, patent, moral rights & trade secrets).
- @donlowrylaw – personal injury attorney serving all of Maine, 40+ years experience.
- @CariRincker – IL Farmgirl, Owner of RinckerLaw.
- @TaylorLawOffice – Greater Boston & Merrimack Valley area attorney.
- @ageorgialawyer – Injury Lawyer in Atlanta/Savannah, licensed in GA/FL, Litigator. Runner, College Football Fan , Gator, Insomniac, Labs owner.
- @castellilaw – Anthony Castelli Attorney personal injury trial attorney lawyer .Available to meet with you through out Ohio Cincinnati,Columbus, Dayton, West Chester, Mason.
- @mikk_IPR – Patent attorney, patent searcher. Partner at Sarap&Partners Patent.
- @lanepowell – Pacific Northwest law firm with more than 200 attorneys in Business, Litigation, and Labor and Employment, with offices in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and London.
- @paulrubell – Technology lawyer , social media law , software licensing, law and the cloud, SaaS, privacy, law professor, Georgetown.
- @SandsAnderson – Lawyers and legal services for business, investors, owners, government and insurance.
- @AndrewMcRoberts – Local government lawyer/litigator with Sands Anderson PC, blogger at VaLocalityLaw.com, W&M Tribe football fan, bourbon-drinker, theater-goer, lover of life!
- @VentureLawyer – I practice law to help entrepreneurs achieve their goals and fulfill their ambitions.
- @VATruckLawyer – Experienced trial attorney and counselor for the transportation retail and manufacturing industries.
- @jonathangstein – Funniest consumer protection attorney, father, blogger
If you would like to be added, connect with me on twitter (@LegalTypist) or leave a comment and I will check you out.
AND if you like this list, I have also compiled the lists of faculty and attendees of Techshow and LTNY for years, and I have a public twitter list which contains many of the members of the Solosez list serv.
- Rakofsky: 0 | Internet: 1 http://ow.ly/kVKQx
- 60 Sites in 60 Minutes (2000-2012): http://ow.ly/kDtxA #ABATECHSHOW
- Great infographic: How Gmail Has Evolved Over the Years http://ow.ly/kIPbF
- Interesting schedule/template for a marketing blog: http://ow.ly/kOOC8
- Giving New Meaning To “Your Zipper Is Down” @rickgeorges http://ow.ly/kMtJB <-what a great idea!
- Have you ever searched “askew” in google? Here’s more cool Google tricks: http://ow.ly/kTOY7 <-bonus at bottom is for @jeffrey_taylor
- Reading: Harvard Business: Apple’s Trojan Horse http://ow.ly/kY90s HT @vaforums
- “LegalTypist is simply that — an administrative assistant who optimizes your workflow.” http://ow.ly/kIGSj
- Winky, New Google Glass App, Just Made Google Glass Even Creepier @HuffingtonPost http://ow.ly/kFLfU
- The latest in law firm marketing @turkewitz http://ow.ly/kJWPu <-that’s awesome!
Definitely one of the most popular presentations of TechShow is the last presentation held Saturday morning, entitled 60 Sites in 60 Minutes. I had a link to the ABA website page which linked to all the 60 Sites in 60 Minutes presentations, but unfortunately, that link now returns an error.
So, being a resourceful type, I scoured the interwebs and below are links I found to other websites listing the 60 sites in 60 minutes from 2000-2013*
*if you have a link for 2005, 2006 or 2007, please send it to me for inclusion! No amount of scouring seemed to turn up any but partial lists. TIA.
A recent thread on Solosez discussing the merits of Dropbox vs. NetDocuments had me commenting on how Dropbox is not secure. Several people contacted me indicating that the tech that is Dropbox is secure.
This post is not about whether or not wires/servers transmitting/storing your files are secure – but about the 4 or 5 hacks/lapses in security since it’s launch – one which indicated the principals of the company itself had no idea what their own TOS stated; one which opened up accounts to the same password and this just in: DropSmack: Using Dropbox to steal files and deliver malware
So in my mind, why would anyone charged with maintaining privacy of information entrusted to them opt to use a service like Dropbox?
(a) it very obviously raises concerns – not just privacy concerns – security concerns too
(b) it doesn’t manage anything
(c) it costs about $40 per month (for NetDocuments) to be able to securely manage, track, deliver, control and store documents AND work related emails.
and don’t get me started on “its free”!!!
I go to ABA TechShow in Chicago every year for the people. Period. I always have. As a virtual assistant, I spend most of my time doing my job very well – but alone.
Being alone so much, in fact, is what prompted me to take two steps outside my comfort zone … well one HUGE leap outside; and one tiny one. The tiny step was to find, join and participate in the list serv maintained by the American Bar Association’s GP/Solo Section known as Solosez. This list is open to the public, but is mostly monitored by those with some tie to the legal profession – and covers every possible topic imaginable – discussions range from the care of cast iron to practical questions when running a law office.
It was through Solosez – and specifically my wish to meet fellow sezzers Ben Schorr, Deb Matthews, Carolyn Elefant and Gina Bongiovi in real life, that I forced myself WAY outside my comfort zone: I flew, alone, to a strange city to attend TechShow. The year was 2009 and I have attended every TechShow since. Not only have I attended every show, in each subsequent year I have brought along 10-40 people with me (through my SuperPass groups); and this year I added becoming a part of the faculty – which entailed 2 presentations, manning the concierge booth and co-hosting a Taste of TechShow dinner – added to my annual meet up – all in under 3 days (and foolishly how I thought I’d get out to tour the close by museum!!)
How did the whirlwind that is TechShow go this year?
First off – the 4th Annual LegalTypist Meet Up, held on the night before TechShow, was a resounding success! 40+ people enjoyed the relaxed networking and dive bar food at The South Loop Club. Many thanks to everyone who came by, the sponsors and specifically @Netdocuments and @MarriotMurdock for helping me put this gathering together every year and helping make it such a success.
Equally a hit was the Taste of TechShow dinner I co-hosted with @IndySoloEsq on Friday night. Generously sponsored by Thomson Reuter’s new practice management product Firm Central and attended by the delightful @BLVickers @PamelaParalegal, @rjsisson, Derrick W, Dennis V, Jeff L and @garrettlaborde, I thought nothing could be better than bacon wrapped dates but must admit I keep thinking about the deep fried chocolate dessert!
Next, I’m sure you’re all wondering how my own presentations went. Long story short, I think well – I was able to intelligently convey my ideas, and I don’t recall saying anything that I regret! A special shout out to my first session co-speaker – @NatalieKelly who was aware of my phobia of public speaking and gently coached me throughout; and to fellow virtual bud @PamelaParalegal for her unyielding support and smiles from the front row.
Another shout out to @PamelaParalegal for grabbing me as much schwag as she could while I was coordinating the PPT for my second presentation. My absolute favorite has to be the green Magic 8 Ball given out by Sure Payroll!!
Missing from this year’s TechShow experience was @AlanKlevan @amyderby and @gregorybell whose first year companionship is one of the reasons I say I go to TechShow for the people. Hopefully they will be back next year (mark your calendars now: March 27, 28 & 29 <-yep my bday again!). Also, while manning the concierge booth – I did see @jaredcorreira hurry past once or twice, but dang it we still have to meet IRL!
Here’s as many twitter peeps as I could think of that I did get to connect with (if we met and you are not on the list – contact me and apologies!): @jeffreyTaylor @bschorr @BobAmbrogi @CarolynElefant @glambert @garrettlaborde @tim_baran @DonnaSeyle @econwriter5 @rajuip @ernieattorney @psuba98 @ChelseyLambert @themaclawyer @mrsmaclawyer @pegeenturner @allisonshields @kevinokeefe @peggygruenke @david_bilinsky @craigbayer @markrosch @karlseelbach @kprochnow @Wolf_Pinther @rkodner @rtrautz @danpinnington @AdrianaL @bburney @cesiagreen @stephkimbro @njatty @jimcalloway @Molly_McDonough @stevenjbest @samglover @barronhenley @nerinopetro @nancyduhon @blorish @macsparky @jackhaycock @cschlein @JoanHFeldman @WilliamWilson
Lastly, I can’t wait another year to see everyone again – so am in the process of putting together a 1 day legal tech conference for New York City – thinking mid-October. It’s time I started helping NY-metro based attorneys get the hands on information they need about the tech available to run their practices. If you are interested in participating in this project – speaking, sponsoring or volunteering – get in touch with me.
Also, keep an eye out for more follow up posts from #ABATECHSHOW with pictures – if I can ever get @psuba98 to send em to me!
I am hosting a live page on the site which will be updated throughout ABATECHSHOW 2013:
Visit and bookmark:
and visit it often throughout the 4 day event to:
- Get up to the second “feet on the ground” reporting through my carefully compiled twitter list
- See the current weather conditions I am enduring in Chicago
- Find links to the social goings on – including the Wednesday night legal meet up; Clio’s Thursday night party; and my annual favorite- Friday night’s : Beer for Bloggers
- Check out photos and other interesting tidbits I come across.
LegalTypist SuperPass In 3 Easy Steps:
- send an email techshow @legaltypist .com
- receive the LegalTypist SuperPass Registration Form
- complete and fax to 1-888-255-5266 or scan and securely submit using the SendThisFile box on http://www.legaltypist.com/demo
You must submit the completed LegalTypist SuperPass Registration Form by no later than 5pm, Friday, March 22nd. 12:00 Noon ET on Monday, March 25th. Send questions to techshow @legaltypist .com.
SuperPass Rate is $499.50
Fun Stuff Going On At #ABATECHSHOW
Wednesday, April 3
Thursday, April 4
Taste of TechShow Dinners: Select/RSVP: http://ow.ly/hR7Zj
Friday, April 5
Beer for Bloggers <-details to follow
Back in the day (almost hate being able to use those words) – we were taught how to sit at a desk and work all day. You were schooled on keeping your feet flat on the ground, your eyes forward or slightly to one side, elbows at 90 degree angle and wrists resting, all the while sitting up tall and straight. There was no crossing of legs and certainly no lying down on your back with keyboard across your chest! Along with keeping the correct posture, we were taught to take breaks in order to stay healthy.
For today’s #TuesTechTip, I found this @TechRepublic article which lists 5 apps that help remind you to take a break:
I just accepted a speaking invitation to the American Bar Association’s Law Practice Management Section’s legal trade show held each spring in Chicago. I have attended this show for years and consider by far the best legal trade show/technical educational opportunity for anyone related to the practice of law. Not only do you get to learn a great deal about technology and how to actually use it through the formal presentations, but the people and after hour gatherings are just a perfect mix for gaining otherwise unknown insights into almost every facet of running a successful practice.
I will be speaking on To SaaS or Not SaaS – That is the Question; and Communications Interconnectedness! and both of my sessions fall on Friday, April 5, 2013.
If you are interested in legal technology (or meeting me) and you’re in Chicago in April – consider coming to ABATechShow. Along with being a speaker – I also put together groups for the discounted SuperPass (10 people get in at $500 each). By far, SuperPass is the least expensive way in. If you would like to find out more, or get in the next group, send an email to techshow @legaltypist .com.
Many thanks to the TechShow Board for their faith in my abilities to deliver a quality presentation. I look forward to the challenge and to putting my ToastMaters training to good use!